Sunday, January 31, 2010

bedrest or bed-arrest?

Today is day 10 (I think) of bedrest. It is not enjoyable. The medicine I take to keep from going into labor still gives me occasional headaches. It often makes me look and feel like I have a sunburn. If I try to sit up in bed or in a chair in the living room--with the good TV and cable--my gallbladder starts hurting in my back. Then, in tears, I have to go back to bed where I can only lay on my left side. This is not fun. It's hard to read, watch TV, or do anything on the computer.

I look forward to anything, ANYTHING, that breaks the monotony.

I'm trying to look on the bright side of things though. So here's my gratitude list:
  • Jon found a way to make fat-free chicken & dumplings last night. They were so good! He even made them yellow for me!
  • Today a friend from church dropped by with a baby gift and a gift for me--thanks Lisa!
  • Jon went shopping today and bought a fresh supply of snacks that don't have to be refrigerated, which means less times I have to get up. Snacks: dried mangoes; fat-free chocolate pudding; apples; and pears.
  • I got a Bama snuggie from Jessica today. Thanks J!
  • Jon also finished hanging pictures and things in the nursery, so we're almost ready there.
  • I get to go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon; my only permissible outing.
  • If I make it to Tuesday, William will be 36 weeks and pretty much out of the danger zone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing this blog - I've been thinking about you and Jon and William and hoping things were going ok. I hate that you're tethered to the bed...it sounds not nearly as fun as I had envisioned it. Good luck at the doctor tomorrow, and keep us updated! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kristy! tethered to the bed=no fun at all

    ReplyDelete