Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday











Here are some pictures of the nursery. We decided to keep the daybed in there for now since it has a trundle that then makes it a king-size bed. We still need to get a nightstand and lamp, and we need to put some things on the little shelves. It still seems like it's missing something though. The bedding has moons and stars embroidered on it, and it also has "twinkle twinkle little star" embroidered on it, too.

It's Wednesday night, officially two weeks on bed rest. I'm trying to think of any good things about bed rest. I'm all caught up on episodes of "House Hunters" and my favorite shows on the Food Network. Hmm, can't think of anything else.

I'm now 36 weeks and 2 days. The 36 week mark is a milestone; it's when most people get to stop taking their meds and go off bed rest. Not me though for some reason. Unfortunately, even if I had been taken off BR, it wouldn't help my situation. I have a new problem now. For the past 5 days or so I've had pains in my back that weren't consistent with my usual gallbladder issues. If I sit up or stand up for more than about 10-15 minutes I get this awful pain in my back. My doctor thinks it's my uterus putting pressure on my right ureter (tube from kidney to bladder). If I lie on my left side that relieves the pressure and takes the pain away. So I'm on my left side all the time. I think I mentioned this in my last post, but in this one I explain the "why" part.

I suppose the last two days have been difficult since the tone of this post is noticeably sad or whatever.

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you won't be coming off bedrest. i know you were looking forward to that. :( yoru nursery is super cute. you will really enjoy having a place to lay down yourself in the baby's room...something we never had. as for the something that's missing...do you have plans for the window?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no plans for the window. we have those plantation shutters everywhere so we just leave them alone. jon says that only thing that's missing is a baby. i think a rug would help.

    ReplyDelete